Ocean & Coastal Management is an international journal published 12 times per year dedicated to the study of all aspects of ocean and coastal management at international, national, regional, and local levels.
Sustainable development and conservation of ocean and coastal resources requires the insights of a number of monodisciplinary, multidisciplinary as well as integral studies and approaches. The different disciplines may range from the natural and physical sciences to the social sciences, policy analysis, economics, and law.
Articles from all relevant disciplines are invited, but all contributions must make clear the explicit link between fundamental concepts and the central improvement of management practice.
Comparative studies (e.g. sub-national, cross-national, to other policy areas) are encouraged, as are studies assessing current management approaches. Articles involving analytical approaches, development of theory, and improvement of management practice are especially welcome.
Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science is an international multidisciplinary journal devoted to the analysis of saline water phenomena ranging from the outer edge of the continental shelf to the upper limits of the tidal zone. The journal provides a unique forum, unifying the multidisciplinary approaches to the study of the oceanography of estuaries, coastal zones, and continental shelf seas. It features original research papers, review papers and short communications treating such disciplines as zoology, botany, geology, sedimentology, physical oceanography.
Research areas include:
- Numerical modelling of estuarine and coastal marine ecosystems
- Species distribution in relation to varying environments
- Effects of waste disposal
- Groundwater runoff and Chemical processes
- Estuarine and fjord circulation patterns
- Meteorological and oceanic forcing of semi-enclosed and continental shelf water masses
- Sea-surface and sea-bed processes
- Estuarine and coastal sedimentary processes and geochemistry
- Brackish water and lagoon phenomena
- Transitional waters
Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science Call for Papers
Submit your paper here