We are currently accepting proposals for special sessions. Click here to submit.
The abstract submission system will open on 10 January 2022
Abstract submission deadline: 1 April 2022
Proposed Conference Topics
Changing physical settings and processes
- Coastal morphodynamics affected by engineering structures and sea-level rise
- From measuring to modelling hydro- and sediment dynamics
- Impact of extreme events on coastal systems
- Monitoring with coastal ocean observing systems
Biogeochemical processes and fluxes at the land – sea interface
- Biogeochemical processes and fluxes at the land – sea interface
- From catchment to coast: effects of land use change and hydrological regulations
- Carbon and nitrogen cycling in benthic and pelagic ecosystems
- Impact of ocean acidification on coastal systems
- Blue carbon: assessing the role and carbon storage potential of coastal wetlands, seaweeds and seagrasses
Shifting ecosystem structures and functions
- The effects of restoration on biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Role of functional and response diversity to changes for ecosystem resilience
- Linkages between estuaries, mangroves, seagrass beds and coral reefs
- Stress responses and resilience: from molecular to ecosystem level
The human dimension: impact, management, governance
- Resource use patterns and management and implications for the environment
- Participatory management approaches in coastal zone management
- Decision support tools and approaches for sustainable marine and coastal spatial planning
- Assessing marine ecosystem services
- Governing the commons: institutions for the Marine Governance
- Science communication, citizen science and ocean literacy
Oral and poster abstracts are invited on the following conference topics and should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.