Abstract submission deadline: 27 March 2020Submit your abstract here
Oral and poster abstracts are invited on the following conference topics and should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Proposed Conference Topics:
- Physical, chemical and ecological structure and functioning
- Hydrodynamics and hydrology, including modelling
- Adequacy of modelling and prediction of change
- Endogenic Managed Pressures and Exogenic Unmanaged Pressures
- Interference with connectivity across and between systems
- Repercussions of the loss of resources (space, energy, water, etc.)
- Loss and gain of habitats and ecosystems
- Recovery, restoration and creation of habitats and populations
- Recovering and increasing resilience to future changes
- Urbanisation and industrialisation of estuaries and semi-enclosed seas
- Ecosystem Services and Societal Goods & Benefits
- Blue Growth and Green Growth – maximising benefits and minimising impacts
- Governance and adaptive management – from the local to the global
- Holistic approach to successful and sustainable management
- Coping with moving baselines
- Science-Policy communication
- 0006 Contaminated estuaries and coastal seas
- 0021 Human forcing and constraints in the coast-estuarine system
- 0027 Double whammy: impact of pollution and climate change on urbanised estuaries
- 0048 Structure and function of artificially created semi-enclosed coastal ecosystems
- 0052 The Wadden Sea ecosystem: Human impacts, management concepts and challenges for the future
- 0055 Sediment management in estuaries – from minimizing ecological impacts to possible win-win situations
Biodiversity and biological conservation
Climate adaptation and mitigation
- 0039 Secrets exposed by coastal change: Promoting the role of marine and coastal heritage in climate change adaptation strategies
Coastal development and engineering
- 0050 Future proofing sea defences to enhance biodiversity
- 0051 Studying the impact of human interventions on estuarine hydrodynamics and sediment transport in environmental impact assessments
Coastal marine habitats
Ecosystem creation and restoration
- 0035 EMECS Special Session "ICM and Satoumi"
- 0049 Integrated estuarine restoration planning: from local case studies to global sustainable management.
Fragile ecosystems and hotspot management
- 0033 Science and management of the marine environment around coastal islands and archipelagos
- 0043 Mangrove Ecosystem, Bio resources and Sustainable Development
Innovative technology for ecological sustainability
Integrating socio-economics and ecology
- 0007 Contribution of Universities to Sustainable Development Goal Life Below Water
- 0018 Appropriate solutions to face ocean problems, in support to a better marine management
- 0023 Operationalising a systems approach to manage estuaries and coastal areas
- 0025 Shifts in coastal wetland ecosystem functioning: evidences from historical and palaeoclimatic records
- 0036 Biophysics
- 0040 From the River Source to the Sea: River-Sea Systems under Global Change
Rivers, catchments and wetlands
Sustainability and resilience
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.