The workshops listed below are free to attend for registered attendees of ECSA 57. Please note numbers are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, so please register as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday 4th September 2018
7.00 – 8.30 pm
Conference Centre, Pan Pacific Hotel, Perth
Join us for an evening of talks on the diverse ways in which costal and estuarine researchers can more effectively engage with industry, by speakers from a range of backgrounds (industry, academia, government), followed by a Q&A session and post-event networking drinks.
Friday 7th September 2018
9.00am – 3.00 pm
Fremantle Maritime Museum
Join us for an exciting and informative workshop aimed at students and early- to mid- career researchers. Leading international researchers will deliver a range of sessions focussing on the skills required to forge a career as an effective and impactful researcher, and provide invaluable insights on the career pathways open to researchers.
- Communicating your research 1: Writing papers (and getting them published…)
- Communicating your research 2: Visual communication for scientists (Dr Joe Milton, Senior Media Officer, Australian Science Media Centre)
- Disseminating your research: Using social media to build your profile and achieve impact
- Looking beyond your own research: How to be a fair and effective reviewer
- Mapping your career pathway: Reflections from diverse speakers on the pathways and key skills for a successful career