COVID-19 delegate safety
We look forward to welcoming our conference delegation back and are committed to your health and safety, whilst attending our events. Keeping our conferences safe is a shared responsibility and we ask all participants play their part, in making the conference as safe as reasonably practical.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any event or public space, including the conference. Prior to registering for and attending the conference, please ensure you have read the latest Spanish guidelines https://www.spth.gob.es/
By attending the conference, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering the conference, you acknowledge, understand and confirm that you will comply with the following guidance:
Do not attend the conference if you:
1. Are showing COVID-19 symptoms such as, but not limited to: fever or a feeling of fever (chills, hot-cold), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat or headache, loss or change in smell or taste.
2. Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
3. You are unable to comply with the Covid-19 travel requirements of the host country: https://www.spth.gob.es/
4. You are under any self-quarantine orders.
Please do not enter the conference or the venue if you cannot confirm all of the above. If at any point during your time at the conference you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and asked to leave the conference venue, at management's sole discretion.
To protect the health and safety of all our conference attendees, Elsevier requires proof of WHO approved Covid-19 vaccinations or a negative lateral flow test (taken under the supervision of authorized health professionals, within 48 hours) to be eligible to attend. This will be coupled with mask wearing throughout the conference.
Please make sure you have your proof of vaccination paperwork, or a negative lateral flow result (taken under the supervision of authorized health professionals, within 48 hours) ready to be checked by security staff, prior to entering the conference venue. Entry will NOT be granted without the appropriate vaccination/test paperwork and no refunds will be given for failure to produce this. If you intend on staying at the event for longer than 48 hours, please note that you will be required to take a further lateral flow test.
Additional measures to be taken by Elsevier and the conference venue, for your safety:
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue, for all conference areas (meeting rooms, exhibit areas, catering points, poster rooms and common areas
- Increased cleaning measures, to ensure that all high-contact areas will be frequently sanitised
- Compliance with venue capacity limits: We will ensure that maximum capacity limits are complied with in exhibition halls, conference spaces and food service areas.
- Safety reminders: All participants will be regularly reminded of the conference safety measures, via the dedicated conference app
Prior to registering for and attending the conference, please ensure you have read the latest Spanish guidelines for prevention: https://www.spth.gob.es/
Before travelling to Spain please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories and restrictions that may be in place, for travel to the conference location: https://www.spth.gob.es/
For information on what the conference venue is doing to keep you safe during the conference, please read here. https://www.kursaal.eus/en/kursaal-congress-centre/
Finally, we are asking everyone to keep your distance where you can and respect others, who may be apprehensive returning to live events. Thank you for your co-operation, we are looking forward to returning to live conferences safely.